Skip navigation

Quick Reference



I misplaced my HealthSelect ID card. What do I need to do?

You should contact HealthSelect Customer Service so that a replacement ID card can be sent to your home address. Your health care provider may also call UnitedHealthcare to verify your coverage.

What do I need to do to find another primary care physician (PCP)?

You may download a physician directory from the HealthSelect UnitedHealthcare website at or contact HealthSelect Customer Service for assistance in selecting a doctor in your area.

How do I access ERS online?

The ERS website address is Once you log in, enter your user ID and password. If you need assistance to login, you may contact ERS Customer Service at 877-275-4377.

What do I need to do to drop/add a dependent due to a "Family Status Change/Employment Status Change"?

You can contact ERS, make the change on or contact the Benefits staff at extension 8443.

I would like to add my newborn baby to my insurance. What do I need to do?

You can contact ERS, make the change on or contact the Benefits staff at extension 8443.  

I am admitted as an in-patient following an emergency.  I did not go to my PCP but to the nearest medical facility.  What should I do?

Contact your PCP immediately or have the person acting on your behalf contact your doctor and provide information on your emergency admission.  Also, you should contact UnitedHealthcare and advise the Customer Service Office that you were admitted for in-patient emergency care. UnitedHealthcare will then authorize the admission and treat it as in-network.

My physician and pharmacy were unable to verify my insurance coverage.  I had to pay out-of-pocket to see the doctor and to purchase my prescriptions.  What must I do?

Keep your receipts of payment and itemized bills. You may file a claim with UnitedHealthcare to be reimbursed for expenses excluding the amounts applied to deductible, co-insurance, and co-payment. Claim forms are available on the UnitedHealthcare web site.

I was required to work during the University’s closure and suffered an on-the- job injury.  What should I do?

Notify your supervisor of the injury. You should then contact the Benefits staff so that they can obtain details related to the injury and file a claim on-line with the State Office of Risk Management. If you received medical treatment, the bill should be submitted to the State Office of Risk Management instead of UnitedHealthcare.

I need to talk to someone right now about drug and alcohol addiction. Can you help?

Yes. Eligible employees and their dependents may take advantage of our free Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a confidential counseling and referral program. EAP counselors are available 24/7 to take your call or schedule an appointment. Your situation is handled by licensed therapists in complete confidence. For additional information, click UTEAP or call 713-500-3327.

I have many credit card debts and am going through financial difficulty at home. Can the EAP help me?

EAP trained counselors are available to provide eligible employees and their dependents appropriate advice based on their professional analysis. UTEAP has many resources to assist you and your household members find solutions to everyday challenges including debt consolidation and retirement, identity theft protection, tuition funding, and many other financial situations. For additional information, click UTEAP or call 713-500-3327.


Plan Administrator Contact Information:

Click here for Plan Administrators Contact Information.



Page maintained by ESO

Last updated or reviewed on 2/2/15

   Click here to print this page

Find us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Read Skyline   Join us on LinkedIn   News RSS   Events RSS