Skip navigation

UHD Undergraduate Policies - Student Records


Requests for official UHD transcripts are made online through the MyUHD portal via Student eServices and are processed by the Registrar’s Office.  All requests for official UHD transcripts will be processed within 2-3 business days, with the exception of  transcripts that include coursework completed at South Texas Junior College, which may take up to 10 business days for processing.


Official transcripts from other institutions which are submitted to the Office of Admissions as part of the admissions process become the property of UHD and will not be rereleased to the student unless the request is covered under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  Additionally, UHD does not include completed transfer coursework on the official UHD transcript.


Unofficial transcripts, also known as the online grade history, are available through the MyUHD Portal, under the My Transcript & Grades option in Student eServices.


Note: Grades for Part of Term (PoT) courses ending prior to the close of the full term will be available online on the dates listed in the Academic Calendar. Part of Term (PoT) official grades will be displayed on the official transcript when grades for the full term are made available. See the Academic Calendar for grade posting dates at


Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement

Effective January 1, 2012, Texas Senate Bill 1107 requires all students (under age 30) entering an institution of higher education (public and private) and enrolling into courses which meet face-to-face on campus to either receive a vaccination against bacterial meningitis or meet certain criteria for declining such a vaccination before classes start. Effective January 1, 2014 the age requirement is under 22 years of age. For additional time-sensitive information about this requirement, please visit:


Release of Student Records

UHD has a policy in conformity with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) covering the release of student records. Student rights include the following:


  • ž Students have the right to inspect and review their education records within 45 days of the day the university receives the request.
  • Students have the right to request amendment of their educa­tion records that they believe are inaccurate or misleading.
  • Students have the right to consent to the disclosure of person­ally identifiable information in their education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
  • Students have the right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the university to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

Directory Information

At its discretion the University of Houston-Downtown may provide directory information to the general public without student consent. Directory information is defined by University of Houston-Downtown (within the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) as follows:


  • Student’s name
  • Mailing address
  • Primary Telephone number
  • University assigned e-mail address
  • Date and place of birth
  • Classification
  • Enrollment status
  • Major and minor fields of study
  • Degrees, certificates, awards and honors received
  • Dates of attendance
  • Graduation date
  • Expected graduation date
  • Student’s user name
  • Most recent previous education institution attended
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams


Students may request that directory information be withheld from the public by contacting the Registrar’s Office at any time during the semester. Such requests must be made in writing and will remain in place until the student directs the office in writing that it is to be removed. The Confidentiality Request Form is available online, visit the Registrar’s Office website for more information.


Disclosure of Education Records

In accordance with FERPA and at its discretion, UHD will dis­close information from a student’s education records without the written consent of the student to school officials who have a legitimate educational or administrative interest in the records. A school official is defined as a person employed by the univer­sity in an administrative, supervisory, academic, or support staff position (including the university’s police department and health care staff); a person or company with whom the university has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Regents; or a person assisting another school official in performing his or her official duties.


Procedure for Inspecting Education Records

A student has the right to inspect his or her education records and challenge the contents. To review records, a student must make a request in writing to the Registrar’s Office. The request must clearly and specifically identify the record or records he or she wishes to inspect plus the purpose of the request. The request must be signed and dated by the student. The University will respond to the student’s request within a reasonable time. A request to inspect (review) education records is not considered the same as a request for copies of the records.


Procedure for Amending Education Records
If a student believes the information in his or her education record contains information that is inaccurate, misleading, or in violation of the student’s rights of privacy, the student should submit a writ­ten and signed request for amendment to the Registrar’s Office. The request should clearly identify and correct the inaccuracy. The university will noti­fy the student within a reasonable time regarding the request. If the request for amendment is denied the student has the right to appeal the decision. This procedure does not govern grade appeals.


Change of Name and Address

An official change in name must be reported to the Registrar's Office and when applicable to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Original legal documentation must be presented along with a copy of the Social Security card when requesting a name change or correction. (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, naturalization certificate, etc.)  A copy of your state issued driver’s license or government issued photo ID will also be required.  Mailing addresses may be changed online through the  MyUHD Portal’s  Student eServices at under “My Personal Profile & Emergency Alerts.” Currently enrolled students requesting a name change should refer to the Student Information Change form for important information regarding updates to GatorMail and Blackboard.







Page maintained by UHD Academic Affairs Webmaster

Last updated or reviewed on 8/28/13

   Click here to print this page

Find us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Read Skyline   Join us on LinkedIn   News RSS   Events RSS