Skip navigation

CHSS header

Declaring a Major

To declare your major, use eServices for Official Degree Plan at the Academic Advising Center (370-S). Ask your University College advisor in S-370 to confirm whether you meet these requirements to declare a degree:

  • Satisfied Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
  • Completed 30 or more college-level hours
  • Completed MATH 1301/1310 or higher
  • Completed ENG 1301 & 1302
  • Have a minimum GPA of 2.0

If your transcripts are complete and processed, in non-peak season, your application should be approved and your degree plan completed in 2-4 weeks. The college will then inform you by mail or gatormail.

These circumstances may delay your application to declare a major:

If you are not currently enrolled in UHD courses
Apply for a major after you successfully complete UHD ENG 1302 or MATH 1301/131

If your completion of College Algebra, Freshman Composition or 30 college-level transfer hours at another institution is not yet in your UHD records
See a University College advisor in 370-S and register for the next semester

If a transcript from another institution indicates ungraded courses when you were admitted to UHD.
Contact UHD Admissions in 350-S (713-221-8522) to request a transcript evaluation. One to two weeks after your request, reapply for a major in 370-S

If you enrolled in courses at other institutions after you sent transcripts to UHD
Forward to UHD an official transcript from the other institution showing the final grade for all courses

If you are on academic probation or transferred to UHD on academic probation at your former school
Forward to UHD an up-to-date transcript from the other institution showing grades in the new courses and successfully complete your current semester UHD enrollment to raise your grade point to 2.0 or higher

Page maintained by CHSS Web Tech.

Last updated or reviewed on 4/7/10

   Click here to print this page

Find us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Read Skyline   Join us on LinkedIn   News RSS   Events RSS