- Be prepareted and asked questions!
- CPS advising is done on a walk in basis, no need for an appointment.
- You are not assigned an advisor and may see whomever you’d like at the times posted on the advising schedule.
- Be courteous to your fellow students by keeping your session to 20 minutes when there is a wait.
- The CPS advising center and advisor offices are a "No Cell Phone Zone". Please switch your cell phone to vibrate or off, and out of respect, no texting during your session.
Learning your eDP:
- Review your degree plan carefully.
- Double check your transfer work.
- Review all graduation requirements.
- Ask QUESTIONS!
Preparing for Your Advising Session:
- Check the academic calendar online at http://www.uhd.edu/academic/calendar.htm for all deadlines.
- Graduation deadlines are also posted outside of the CPS office
- Double check your registration deadlines.
- Become familiar with your GatorMail.
- All CPS advising correspondence is sent only to your Gatormail. This includes declaration information, waiver decisions, scholarship information, graduation, and commencement approvals.
- Advising questions are only answered through Gatormail.
Utilize Your Resources:
- Review the UHD catalog online at http://myuhd.uhd.edu/ and click on Course Catalog
- Familiarize yourself with the CPS advising website located online at http://www.uhd.edu/academic/colleges/publicservice/advising/
- Visit the UHD Career Services office in N340 or online at http://www.uhd.edu/career/
- There are 2 departments in the College of Public Service
- Urban Education Department located at C440, 713-221-2759
- Criminal Justice Department located at C340, 713-221-8943
- Internships, Special Projects, and Portfolio’s are coordinated through the departments.
- Closed sections and grade disputes are handled by the department.
- Grade Appeal Form can be obtained at http://www.uhd.edu/academic/colleges/publicservice/documents/CPS_GradeAppealForm.pdf
Last updated or reviewed on 4/18/12