- About UHD
- Distance Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
The following page is a blank template with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search UHD function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains all required links, contact and emergency information.
Founded in 1904, the mission of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) is to provide knowledge and information for the best use of concrete. ACI conducts seminars, manages various certification programs, publishes technical documents, and offers scholarships to students in the field. The organization has 99 professional chapters, 65 student chapters, and nearly 20,000 members from over 120 countries.
The Houston AIC Chapter provides a local forum for the discussion and dissemination of technical and educational information related to the production and use of concrete. SAD faculty work closely with the Houston AIC Chapter and established the UHD ACI Student Chapter in 2012.
All SAD students are invited to become members of the UHD ACI Student Chapter. ACI student members have access to:
- A free ACI Student E-membership;
- Free subscriptions to a choice of ACI technical journals;
- Networking opportunities with Houston ACI Chapter members;
- Professional development activities designed to help students remain breast of the latest developments in construction technology;
- Industry-recognized certifications in concrete specializations;
- Scholarship opportunities; and
- Local and regional employment contacts.
For more information about the UHD ACI Student Chapter, please contact the faculty sponsor, Dr. Tito-Izquierdo.
Page maintained by CST Web Support Technician
Last updated or reviewed on 6/21/13