Preparing for your Advising Session
- Have your UHD student ID # available for check in purposes and bring a writing utensil.
- Be knowledgeable of all coursework you have completed at other accredited universities and colleges.
- Pick up a current copy of the UHD catalog from the Information Center in Rm. 355-North.
- Pick up a copy of your intended degree plan from the rack in front of the Advising Center or print a copy of your degree plan from the list available at the following web address:
NOTE: These degree plans are unofficial; you will receive your official degree plan from the advisor in your college once you are a declared major.
- Please attempt to check off all previously completed courses on the degree plan of your chosen major.
- Before signing in to see an advisor, please check course availability and offerings on the class schedule available online ONLY on Student E-Services.
- For course approval, please fill out in its entirety the Advising Form. Be sure to include your UHD ID#, Full name, and list the course selections you are requesting.
****It is wise to choose additional alternative course selections in the event that a requested course is closed or unable to be approved for lack of prerequisites.****
- Be familiar with your responsibilities as an advisee, which are found on the back of the Advising Form.
- Become familiar with FERPA regulations. For further information pertaining to FERPA, please contact the UHD Office of the Registrar in Rm.330-North, (713)221-8999.
- Be an active participant in your advising session. Do not be afraid to ask questions and express concerns.
"The advisors are available to assist you with your academic goals."
Student Success: our #1 priority
Page maintained by: University College Webmaster
Last updated or reviewed on 11/6/13