Applying for Graduation
Students are encouraged to:
- Identify the term of their intended graduation,
- Consult with their academic advisor well in advance of the first day of class of the term of their intended graduation, and
- Submit an officialApplication for Graduationprior to the last day to drop a class without receiving a grade (e.g., the Official Day of Record) in the term of their intended graduation.
UHD certifies students as graduates for the following terms:
Summer 1 (7/15/20XX)
Summer 2 and 3 (8/15/20XX)
Official deadlines for applying for graduation can be found on the Academic Calendar in the Graduation Application Dates section.
- Students must submit their Application for Graduation prior to the posted deadlines to participate in a Commencement Ceremony.
- Students who fail to submit their applications prior to the posted deadline will not be eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremony for the term of their intended graduation and may have to delay their actual graduation until the next available term.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of your application before looking for a GatorMail confirmation that it has either been approved or denied.
- Please note that students who do not complete the requirements for their degrees in the term they applied for graduation, must submit another Application for Graduation as described below.
Step 1: Submit an Application for Graduation in one of the following ways:
- In person: Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor in S-601.
- GatorMail: Send a UHD GatorMail to Mr. Justin Burton at BurtonJ@uhd.edu or Dr. Hovsepian at HovsepianM@uhd.edu to request that an application be submitted on your behalf. Include your full name and student ID in all GatorMail correspondence.
- Phone: Schedule a phone appointment with your academic advisor.
Step 2: Complete and submit a Diploma Order Form to the Registrar’s Office.
Page maintained by: University College
Last updated or reviewed on 8/16/13