First-Generation Faculty Advice
- Be persistent. Things tend to get easier with practice.
- Take comfort in knowing that you’re not alone. Many of your UHD professors
were FGS, so are many of the staff and your fellow students.
- Think carefully about the things that are most important to you; give your time, energy, and attention to them. Seek to balance competing priorities. Avoid unnecessary distractions.
- Work hard. Get help when you need it. Learn everything you can in each class. The grades will follow.
- Give what you can to help and uplift those around you.
- Protect your health. Be happy.
Previous Advice Next Advice
Page maintained by: University College Webmaster
Last updated or reviewed on 9/13/10