Register NOW for the 2014 Freshman Summer Success Program
An Exclusive Three-Day Expanded Orientation Experience
Participating in the Freshman Summer Success Program fulfills your Orientation requirement!
All incoming freshman students and freshman transfer students attending UHD for the first time are required to attend a one-day orientation program before their initial semester of enrollment begins.
The Freshman Summer Success Program is an expanded orientation experience with opportunities not available in the traditional 1 day program such as direct access to university faculty teaching simulated academic classes and the financial incentive of earning a credit of $300 (in the form of an account established in your name) at the University Barnes & Noble Bookstore for the purchase of books and supplies.
Preparing to be Global Citizens of Conscience: Social Responsibility through Service
This three-day expanded orientation program will emphasize academic preparation, problem-solving skills, and the university’s commitment to promoting social responsibility through service which fosters community engagement to address real needs. At UHD we celebrate and take pride in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as it strengthens our campus community while preparing and educating students to be global citizens living responsibly in an interdependent world.
The thematic focus of the 2014 Freshman Summer Success Program will address personal responsibility as it relates to social justice. It will showcase multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate and promote UHD’s core value of “respect” for all and become change agents, leaders, and citizens of conscience through Service Learning, High Impact Practices, and Community Outreach Initiatives. At UHD, these are values we live, not just values we list.
- Participate in simulated academic classes on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday taught by full-time faculty in courses such as Biology, Drama, English, History, Math, Psychology
- Establish new friendships and build a support network as you meet professors and other students
- Attend an awards banquet at which you receive a $300 account with the University Barnes & Noble Bookstore
- Learn about financial aid, career options, campus organizations, and majors available at UHD
- Receive a copy of A Lesson Before Dying, the freshman common reader
Space is limited each week to the first 150 students who apply!
Question? Contact: Branden Kuzmick 713-221-8046 (office) / 713-775-6949 (cell)
The Freshman Summer Success Program wil be located in the One Main Building.
Room 655 - South
e-mail: Branden Kuzmick
maintained by University College