Why earn an MBA in Investment Management at UHD?
The Investment Management MBA at UHD is both theoretical and practical. Successful Investment managers and industry leaders were directly involved in the development of the program and in the meticulous shaping of the topics taught. Students will find the resulting unique and innovative program invaluable in accelerating their Investment Management careers.
Suitable Candidates for the Investment Management MBA Program:
UHD's MBA in Investment Management is appropriate for individuals pursuing careers in a variety of fields including investment banking, asset management and wealth management because it focuses on developing relevant skills related to the financial services sector.
The Skills and Topics Covered in MBA Investment Management Courses:
- Knowledge of the capital markets, institutions, financial products, and analytical tools and skills needed for investment portfolio management
- Intensive study of the CFA® Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
- Model historical information and human factors in business forecasting techniques
- Acquire knowledge of capital markets, institutions, financial products, and analytical tools and skills needed for investments portfolio management
- Skills to communicate financial knowledge in both oral and written formats
- Utilization of extremely large data sets for the prediction of forecasts
- Recognize and avoid unprofessional practices and unethical behavior
To obtain an MBA degree with an Investment Management specialization, students are required to take 10 separate core courses in addition to the student's chosen concentration courses.
Concentration courses are offered in the evenings, one class every eight weeks and can be completed over the span of 12 months. Beginning in fall 2020, courses are also available in an online format. The courses include the following:
|MBA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION COURSES |
|MBA 6360||Ethical and Professional Standards||3|
|MBA 6362||Financial Forecasting and Behavioral Finance||3|
|MBA 6364||Capital Markets and Investment Planning||3|
|MBA 6366||Communication for Finance Professionals||3|
|MBA 6367||Investment Statistics||3|
|MBA 6102||Graduate Colloquium (required for all concentrations)||1|
|Total Hours || ||16|
Complete descriptions of the above courses can be found in our MBA Investment Management Course Description.
The core courses are included in our part-time and full-time MBA programs. The courses include the following:
|MBA - CORE COURSES |
|MBA 6213||Management of Organizational Behavior||2|
|MBA 6211||Managerial Decision Making||2|
|MBA 6203||Managerial Accounting and Budgeting||2|
|MBA 6208||Marketing Management||2|
|MBA 6204||Managerial Finance ||2|
|MBA 6205||Management of the Supply Chain||2|
|MBA 6207||Management of Information Systems||2|
|MBA 6212||Managerial Economics||2|
|MBA 6202||Strategic Management||2|
|MBA 6216||Capstone B||2|
|Total Hours|| ||20|
Complete descriptions of the above courses can be found in our MBA Core Course descriptions.
Please note that for some MBA candidates, leveling courses may be required.
Additional MBA Concentration Options
MBA in Accounting
MBA in Business Development / Sales Management
MBA in Finance
MBA in Human Resources Management
MBA in International Business
MBA in Leadership
MBA in Supply Chain Management