Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
The UHD Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting prepares graduates for careers in public accounting and accounting in business, government or the nonprofit sector. Graduates have flexibility in career choices due to the wide variety of accounting specializations and the breadth of accounting applications. An Accounting education also serves as an excellent background for students who plan to pursue graduate studies or careers in law.
Texas CPA Exam Preparation
The UHD BBA in Accounting program provides students with everything required for him or her to sit for the Texas CPA Examination. According to the Texas Public Accountancy Act of 1991, the CPA candidate must have:
- a baccalaureate degree with any major;
- two basic accounting courses, plus an additional 30 hours of accounting;
- 20 hours of business-related courses;
- an approved accounting or tax research and analysis course;
- an approved 3 semester-hour ethics course; and
- a total of 150 unduplicated college transcript hours.
The candidate is NOT required to complete a master's degree.
Texas State Board of Public Accountancy at 512-305-7851 for further information about possible exemptions/grace period.
The Accounting Program also provides the basic courses related to preparing for the Certified Management Accountants exam, as well as other specialized accounting certification examinations.
Degree Program Guides
Advising degree program guides, documents and other useful advising resources for students following current and prior catalogs.