ABOUT GAMMA IOTA SIGMA
The purpose of this fraternity is to promote, encourage, and sustain student interest in insurance, risk management, and actuarial science as professions; to encourage the high moral and scholastic attainments of its members; and to facilitate interaction of educational institutions and industry through networking and by fostering research activities, scholarship, and improved public relations.
GAMMA IOTA SIGMA MEMBERSHIP
The membership of Gamma Iota Sigma includes those students interested in pursuing careers in insurance, risk management and actuarial science. It also tends to attract those interested in improving their leadership, public speaking and business planning skills. However, the chapter is open to all UHD students.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP WITH GAMMA IOTA SIGMA
- You will become a member of an international risk management, insurance and actuarial science collegiate fraternity
- You will develop a professional network from exposure and interaction with IRM alumni, fellow students, and young professionals in the insurance, risk management and actuarial science fields
- You will attend guest presentations by key insurance professionals who share their experiences and provide insights into the industry
- You will visit insurance and large agency/brokerage organizations to gain a better understanding of the operations
- You will further develop leadership and public speaking skills
- You will be offered scholarships and travel
- You will have membership to various insurance and risk management organizations such as those that can be found using the following link, Opportunities for GIS Participants.
APPLICATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Fill out the Gamma Iota Sigma application online.
For application or information about the UHD chapter, please contact Dr. Pamela Hurley, GIS advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.