The Insurance and Risk Management degree program prepares students for earning professional designations that are highly respected and well-recognized credentials for individuals who work in the insurance and risk management industries, i.e. Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Certified Financial Planner, Certified Life Underwriter (CLU) and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC). Possessing a professional designation demonstrates an individual's willingness to succeed and desire to add value to an organization. One of the many benefits of earning professional designations is the confidence it builds in an individual from the sense of accomplishment after all of the study and hard work. Other benefits of earning professional designations include:
- A designee becomes a member of an elite group of professionals allowing networking opportunities with peers through classes, web and meetings.
- Designees have a definite advantage when seeking employment and/or moving into another position.
- Designees have more confidence in their skills and make more effective decisions in the business environment and in other areas of their lives.
- Designees are identified as being continuous learners to prepare themselves to exceed expectations of their position.
- Designations oftentimes lead to professional advancement and compensation increases.
The following links provide information related to designations mentioned above.
UACRM Designation Student Guide.pdf
ChFC and CLU Designation Student Guide.pdf
CPCU Designation Student Guide.pdf