The University of Houston-Downtown's literary and visual arts magazine is accepting submissions for the 2013 - 2014 issue between November 1, 2013 and February 10, 2014. Submissions should comply with the following guidelines in order to be considered for review.
- Poetry: 3 to 5 poems up to 2,000 words
- Prose (short stories): up to 2,500 words
- Non-Critical Essays: up to 2,000 words
- Visual Art: Must be submitted electronically with minimum 600x 600px 300dpi.
- Entries should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call (713) 221-8260 before sending
large graphics files. We prefer not to accept simultaneous submissions.
- In the subject of the e-mail, please include your full name as you want it to appear in the magazine and the name of the genre for the work enclosed. For example, "Sam Sample - Poetry."
- The body of the e-mail should only include your full name as you want it to appear in the magazine, your e-mail address, and your phone number. For example:
- Before attaching your file to the e-mail, make sure the file is an MS-Word (poetry, prose, and essays only) document saved under your first and last name along with the genre for the piece. For example, "Sam Sample - Poetry.docx"
- Each attachment should only include one work. For example, if you are submitting four poems, each of the poems should be saved in its own file. Therefore, the e-mail would include four MS-Word attachments, one for each poem submitted.
- The header of the MS-Word document should include your full name, your e-mail address, and your phone number. For example, "Sam Sample; email@example.com; (555) 555-5555."
- All questions regarding submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page maintained by The Bayou Review
Last updated or reviewed on 11/3/13