UHD offers Book Loans in the fall and spring semesters to aid in the process of purchasing necessary books and supplies in the beginning of the semester. Book loans are not available during the summer or mini-semesters.
What you need to know:
- Book loans are available online only in the amount of $500 for students registered in 7 or more credit hours and $300 for students registered in 3-6 credit hours.
- Book loans must be requested prior to the reporting day for the semester (see Academic Calendar for official availability dates).
- Book loans can only be used at the on-site Barnes & Noble campus bookstore and is available for use the next business day after it is issued.
- The book loan payment is typically due the 5th day of the last month in the semester (see Academic Calendar for official due dates).
- If the full amount of the book loan is not used, an adjustment will be made to your account to reflect the actual amount used. All adjustments are processed before the book loan due date.
- Any credit for returned books will have the credit applied back to your student account and will be applied to any outstanding balance for the current semester. Any remaining amount will be refunded through the normal student refund processes.
- Once executed, the book loan cannot be cancelled.
- There is a $5 non-refundable loan set up fee that will be added to the student's account.
- Five percent (5%) simple interest will be charged from beginning date of loan until it is paid in full.
- This loan must be paid before registration for future semesters will be allowed.
- Must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours for the current semester.
- Must not have any financial holds with the University or have any past due balances.
- Must not have received a financial aid refund greater than $300 for the current semester.
Download the instructions for the book loan here
Page maintained by SSEM
Last updated or reviewed on 1/20/15