- About UHD
- Distance Education
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
The following page is a blank template with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search UHD function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains all required links, contact and emergency information.
Employees, students and anyone who does business with the University of Houston-Downtown can report fraud, waste, abuse, non-compliance or misconduct (such as sexual abuse) in one of the following ways:
Reporter Can Remain Anonymous
- MySafeCampus Hotline
- The State Auditor’s Office
- Notify your Supervisor
- Notify UHD Management
- Notify the Compliance Officer (Mary Cook at (713) 222-5340, room 621 S, firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Notify the Director of Internal Audit (Don Guyton at (713) 743-8000)
MySafeCampus is a 24-hour incident reporting system that is completely confidential and anonymous. Now it’s easy to report campus incidents and concerns. Either log on to www.MySafeCampus.com or call toll-free 800-716-9007 to make a report 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This confidential reporting system will instantly and discreetly forward the report to the appropriate persons at UHD and within the UH System. The individual making the report will be provided with a confidential access number and asked to generate a personal password. This access number and personal password will allow the individual to anonymously re-enter the site for updates at any time. The individual will be able to both send and receive anonymous messages pertaining to their report, and if desired, participate in any follow up.
The issues that can be addressed via this confidential system fall into two categories:
- Compliance and Regulation Violations
- Fast and Easy to Use
- 24 hours per day/7 days per week
This service is not an emergency hotline of a substitute for using 911.
In the event a life-threatening emergency, users are to immediately call 911.
For more information about MySafeCampus, contact your Compliance Officer, Mary Cook.
All contacts are confidential and individuals using the reporting system are assured anonymity when they request it. UHD and the UH System reserve the right to act or not act on any information provided unless required to do so by law. Neither UHD nor the UH System is required to disclose its response or actions pursuant to any information that may be provided or reported. The intentional misreporting of information may be actionable and subject to criminal investigation.
You may also report suspected fraud, waste, and abuse to the State Auditor's Office Hotline at 1-800-TX-AUDIT (1-800-892-8348). The State Auditor’s Office provides additional information at its website, http://sao.fraud.state.tx.us.
Fraud is the use of your occupation for personal enrichment through the deliberate misuse or misapplication of the employing organization’s resources or assets. Fraud is normally considered to be a criminal act, and employees who commit fraud may be terminated, fined, and/or imprisoned depending on the severity of the fraudulent act.
For additional information, see:
Examples of fraud include:
- Stealing cash or checks
- Falsifying timesheets or workers comp claims
- Falsifying expense reimbursements
- Personal use of university credit cards or long distance codes
- Stealing property or supplies
- Personal use of university assets (occasional local phone calls are okay)
- Outside employment that conflicts with university employment
- Awarding contracts to friends or relatives
- Awarding scholarships/grants based on personal or financial relationships as opposed to merit
- Seeking or accepting gifts or favors from vendors or contractors in exchange for placing orders or awarding contracts
- Purposefully falsifying financial statements
Yes. Employees who report unlawful activity in good faith are protected by The Texas Whistleblower Act (Texas Government Code, Chapter 554.002. The reporting employee cannot be suspended or terminated from employment.
Examples of issues that should not be reported through MySafeCampus include:
Issue in the Workplace
Call or Contact
- Employee/supervisor disputes
- Affirmative Action/EEO issues
- Harassment or misconduct
Campus Relations/Affirmative Action Officer
at (713) 222-5818
- Violent crimes, breaking and entering, or burglary
- Medical emergencies
at (713) 221-8065 or (713) 221-8911
- Hazardous waste spill
at (713) 221-8040
- Problem with the building
at (713) 221-8026
Page maintained by email@example.com
Last updated or reviewed on 8/12/13