We're excited you're thinking about transferring to UHD! In order to get your financial aid ready, here are some pointers:
- If you have already completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), be sure to call 1 800 4FED AID (800-433-3243) and add UHD's school code - 003612. We will receive your Student Aid Report electronically within 5-7 business days. If you haven't completed your FAFSA yet, do so as soon as possible.
- Be sure to cancel any aid that you may have been awarded for future terms at your prior school. Many programs have an annual limit and outstanding awards at your old school will limit your eligibility at UHD.
- If you are interested in borrowing a student loan be sure to indicate that answer on the UHD Financial Aid Application. For more information on student loans at UHD click here.
- Please continue through our Website for additional financial aid information.
Financial aid does not transfer from school to school. You must establish your eligibility at your new school according to their policies and procedures.
If you plan on transferring to another school:
- Contact your new school as soon as possible to start any paperwork that is necessary.
- Call 1-800-4FED-AID and add their Title IV school code to your Student Aid Report. Your Electronic Student Aid Report will be put into their electronic mailbox within 5 working days. DO NOT complete a new FAFSA for the same academic year.
- Cancel any future aid that you may have been awarded by your old school. Many financial aid programs have annual limits. Therefore uncancelled aid will reduce your eligibility for aid at your new school.
- Complete a UHD Revision Request Form to cancel any future disbursements at UHD
Page maintained by SSEM
Last updated or reviewed on 11/8/11