Phlebotomy for Medical Professionals
This program is designed to provide, through didactic and practical instruction, training in venipuncture. Didactic lectures cover the theory, anatomy and terminology pertaining to the cardiovascular system. Practical instruction provides hands-on training in venipuncture technique verified through a skills check-off system. Students will perform 10-15 live draws during the program.
After successful completion of this program the student will be able to:
- Describe proper bedside manner and how to prepare patient for venipuncture collection.
- Identify locations on the human body appropriate for venipuncture collection.
- Demonstrate the venipuncture collection procedure using a butterfly, vacutainer and syringe and how to dispense blood into tubes following syringe collection.
- Demonstrate the proper procedure for collecting skin puncture specimens.
- Explain basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system.
- Use proper safety precautions with relation to handling blood and body fluids.
- Demonstrate venipuncture collection procedures according to accepted guidelines.
Length of Training
40 hours of classroom instruction (additional 40 hours of externship).
October 23, 2012 - Janaury 10, 2013 (Tuesdays and Thursdays - 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm)
$1799 (Includes instruction and course materials) ($1699 if registered on or before October 8, 2012).
CLICK HERE to register
Students with a need for financial assistance may contact Sallie Mae for a credit-based loan. CLICK HERE for additional information on Financial Assistance..
PLEASE CALL 713-221-8032 OR 800-201-1141
Page maintained by Applied Business & Technology Center
Last updated or reviewed on 8/16/12