Welcome to the University of Houston-Downtown General Educational Development (GED) 2014 information page! We commend you on taking the steps in earning your high school equivalency credential! Please click here to view the 2014 GED Video Information.
Below you will find a few guidelines:
- Identification Requirements: You must provide a non-expired government issued identification card which includes your name, address, date of birth, signature, and photograph. You may provide either a valid Texas State Identification card or a Texas Driver License (if using an out-of-state ID, you must provide proof of Texas residency before you begin testing.) If you arrive without the appropriate identification you will not be eligible to test and your exam fees will be forfeited.
- Testing Schedule: All examinees are required to schedule test dates with Pearson Vue by dialing 1-877-EXAM-GED (392-6433). UHD will offer GED testing year round with varied testing times. Note: You are required to arrive 15 minutes before your test appointment to allow enough time to complete the sign-in procedures.
- Reschedule/Cancellation: If you would like to reschedule or cancel your exam please contact Pearson Vue no later than one business day to avoid forfeiting your examination fees. 1-877-EXAM-GED (392-6433).
- Personal Items: No personal items may be taken into the examination room. This includes but not limited to: bags, books, notes, phones, calculators*, watches, purses and wallets.
- Score Reports: Examinees will receive an unofficial score report prior to leaving the test center for all tests except the Reasoning through Language Arts.
- Retesting: If you need to retest you will need to follow the registration process through Pearson Vue.
- 2014 GED Cost: The cost for the 2014 GED test series is $33.75 per test, $135.00 total.
- How long will the GED® test take? The GED® test is approximately 7 ¼ hours long for all four with the timing as follows:
- Reasoning through Language Arts is 150 minutes (including a 10-minute break)
- Mathematical Reasoning is 90 minutes
- Science is 90 minutes
- Social Studies is 90 minutes
GED Registration Information:
Provided below are some helpful links to aid you on the GED registration and testing procedures. Note: you must create a GED account with Pearson Vue before you can begin taking your 2014 GED tests. Click here to register.
History of the GED? www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/history
About GED ® Testing Services www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/about-ged-testing-service-test-taker
What is the GED® test?
Study links for the four 2014 GED Subjects:
- Reasoning through Language Arts www.gedtestingservice.com/rlalink
- Mathematical Reasoning www.gedtestingservice.com/mathlink
- Science www.gedtestingservice.com/sciencelink
- Social Studies www.gedtestingservice.com/socialstudieslink
For more information about GED and the 2014 version, check out these great sites:
Note: The 2002 GED® Testing Series will be replaced beginning January 2, 2014. Incomplete or insufficient GED® scores from the 2002 Series will no longer be valid after December 31, 2013.
*The Mathematical Reasoning will have a calculator embedded in the test for student use.
Page maintained by Office of Student Affairs
Last updated or reviewed on 1/6/14