University of Houston-Downtown
Student Success and Enrollment Management
MISSION AND VISION STATMENT
The Central Office of the Division of Student Success & Enrollment Management provides servant-leadership and support to the various student support offices and services and functions of the Division with the intent to facilitate the delivery of comprehensive and holistically-designed student services that support and complement the classroom experience. The goal of these efforts is to increase student enrollment, and support their academic success, persistence, and graduation.
The team of Division of Student Success and Enrollment Management works to support the Goal 1 of the UHD Strategic Plan 2020: "Recruit, advise, retain, and educate increasing numbers of students who will graduate from our programs, assume leadership roles in society, and meet the workforce needs of the region and state."
- Enhance/expand our efforts to serve students in more dynamic, innovative and relevant ways;
- Collaborate and build partnerships to grow our student support services & initiatives;
- Interweave academic preparedness as an important focus throughout all SSEM services;
- Be tech savvy to streamline efforts to work smarter rather than simply harder on behalf of our students;
- Redesign our processes to work smarter rather than simply harder in retaining and graduating our students;
- Foster a sense of trust and shared communications between critical student service offices and create work environs that are productive, energetic, respectful, and fun.
Our Strategies (not an exhaustive list)
- Enrollment Growth: Increasing enrollment in accordance to the UHD Strategic Plan 2020;
- Admissions Standards: Implementation of new admissions standards;
- Restructuring: On-going implementation of SSEM division-wide restructure / realignment / re-tooling for 2013 and beyond;
- Enrollment Management: On-going implementation of new Enrollment Management Planning Structure;
- Merit Scholarships: Implementation and on-going monitoring of new UHD Merit Recruitment Scholarship program as a key strategy in increasing the enrollment of high potential, high talent students;
- Staff Development: Implementation of initiatives focused on the growth and development of the staff responsible for providing services to students;
- Enrollment Processes: On-going Enhancement of critical enrollment processes and strategies including admissions prospect/inquiry management, joint admissions, transfer evaluation and articulation, to name a few;
- Customer Service & Student Satisfaction: On-going enhancement of customer service efforts and initiatives in critical student service areas, including implementation of Student Satisfaction Survey annually;
- CRM Planning: Gear up for planning and Implementation of university Client Relationship Management (CRM) initiative;
- Grants Development: Developing alternative funding sources for SSEM and university through active grant seeking efforts including Upward Bound Veterans, Upward Bound
The Division of Student Success and Enrollment Management includes two broad areas:
Student Success Team - The Student Success team includes the department who provide student services that support and complement the classroom experience: Sports and Fitness, Student Activities, Career Services, Veteran Services, Disability Services, Counseling Services, Student Health Services, Educational Talent Search and Upward Bound.
Enrollment Management Team - The Enrollment Management team includes the departments who are directly involved in Enrollment: the Department of Admissions, the Registrar, Testing Services, and Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Page maintained by SSEM
Last updated or reviewed on 2/5/13